Who We Are
Founded in 1869, Stoneleigh-Burnham School (SBS) is a gender-inclusive girls’ school that fosters an international perspective, challenges each student to discover their best self, and inspires students to pursue meaningful lives based on honor, respect and intellectual curiosity.
What We Offer
- a talented and diverse student body from across the United States and around the world
- the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme (SBS is first and only girls’ school in the US to offer the IB)
- an award-winning Equestrian program and Debate & Public Speaking Society
- the British Horse Society (BHS) certification program (SBS is the only secondary school in the US to offer the BHS)
- unique summer programs in Equestrian, Performing Arts, Animation, and Debate & Public Speaking
- a boarding student tuition approximately 10% less than the national average
- a day student tuition approximately 17% less of the national average
Why All Girls?
Research shows that girls in single-sex schools develop stronger self-esteem, are exposed to broader leadership opportunities, and graduate from high school with higher aspirations and greater self-confidence. Central to our mission, SBS was founded as, and remains a school that supports the education of girls. As a gender-inclusive girls’ school we value gender expression and diversity. SBS honors that each student’s path is unique and as a community, we make a commitment to each other to speak and act with humanity, integrity, justice, and compassion toward a shared goal of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How We’re Different
SBS is committed to making our education affordable to students from a wide economic range. In an effort to make our educational experience increasingly accessible to a broader range of students, we significantly decreased our day tuition in 2020 and our boarding tuition in 2021. By implementing a commitment to independent school affordability, SBS is not only enriching the educational experience for all, it is also on the leading edge of an important trend in independent school education. Our boarding tuition is approximately 10% lower than the national average boarding school tuition and our day tuition is approximately 17% less of the national average day school tuition.
Take a Virtual Tour
Click here to take a virtual tour of the SBS campus!
Join Us at an Admissions Event
Learn About: You’re invited to 45 minute topic-specific virtual information sessions with various members of the SBS team.
- Wednesday, January 26 | 8:00 AM (ET) | Register
- Learn About: Academics & College Counseling with Academic Dean & Director of College Counseling Lauren Cunniffe
- Thursday, March 24 | 7:00 PM (ET) | Register
- Learn About: International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme with IB Coordinator Miriam Przybyla-Baum
- Wednesday, March 30 | 7:00 PM (ET) | Register
- Learn About: Stoneleigh-Burnham Middle School with Middle School Dean Bill Ivey
- Tuesday, April 5 | 7:00 PM (ET) | Register
- Learn About: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) with DEI Director Amanda Mozea
Virtual Visit: Engage with current students, learn from faculty and administrators and take home the recipe for our famous chocolate chip cookies!
- Thursday, February 17 | 6:30 – 7:30 PM (ET) | Register
- Virtual Visit is an online option for families who are unable to visit campus in person.