The Upper School Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) team is well on their way to qualifying for regional competition. Coming off of two 3rd place finishes in their first two shows, the team took 1st place at their third show, hosted at home on Saturday, November 1st. They faced stiff competition from a total of 10 barn or school upper school teams that attended the show. The team has earned 15 of the 20 points needed to qualify for regional competition.
The Middle School team also performed well with a 4th place finish. Eight other middle school teams attended the show. With this finish and their 4th place finish at their last show at Windcrest Farm in Connecticut, the Stoneleigh-Burnham team has earned 6 of the 20 points they need to qualify for regional competition.
Many Stoneleigh-Burnham riders earned high-place individual ribbons, helping their teams to fantastic finishes. A summary of first and second ribbons is below:
- Francesca Eremeeva ’14 won both her sections of Open Fences and Open Flat
- Ellie Waugh ’17 won her section of Open Fences
- Heather DiGregorio ’14 won her section of Open Flat
- Grace Powers ’14 was second in her section of Open Flat
- Kaleigh Intrator ’14 won her section of Intermediate Flat and was second in her section of Intermediate Fences
- Julia Thayer ’18 was second in her section of Intermediate Fences
- Olivia Fernandez ’14 won her section of Intermediate Flat
- Claudette Villa Issa ’19 won her section of Future Novice Fences
- Colby Maynard (a community rider) won her section of Novice Flat
- Amanda Chmyzinski (a community rider) was second in her section of Novice Flat
- Maria (Mily) Ayala ’18 won her section of Beginner Equitation Flat Walk, Trot, Canter
- Niamh Buckly ’20 won her section of Future Beginner Equitation Walk, Trot, Canter