July 8 – 21, 2018 (Session 1) — Session is full (5/12/18). You may register for our waitlist.
July 22 – August 4, 2018 (Session 2)
For Girls ages 9-16
$2,800 per session, or $5,000 for both
When you send your child to Bonnie Castle Riding Camp, you are sending her to one of the premier riding camps in the country. For over thirty years, we’ve offered instruction in Hunters, Jumpers, Equitation, Dressage, Combined Training, and Equine Studies.
We welcome girls ages 9-16 at beginning, intermediate & advanced skill levels. At the start of the session, we’ll evaluate your daughter’s ability, determine her instructional needs, and place her in an appropriate group. Register now.
We’ll also pair her with a school horse suited to her size and ability. Part of the fun of camp is developing a partnership with one of our amazing school horses. Girls who prefer learning on their own horse may board it at SBS during camp for a reduced rate.
Parents of beginning riders should note that most campers have some experience with riding. Should time permit, we encourage novice riders to enroll in some basic lessons before camp to help girls develop a familiarity and comfort around horses. Girls who can walk, trot, and canter independently in a lesson will see the most growth in our program.
BCRC is a small camp, typically around 30 riders. At a camp devoted to riding, the girls quickly find common ground with peers, and develop wonderful friendships. Many come back year after year. While we enjoy seeing old friends, we excel at making new girls feel welcome.
During her time here, your daughter will:
- Ride twice a day – typically once in a flats lesson and another in jumping (for those jumping)
- Take one private or semi-private lesson each week
- Take an Equine lesson each day, learning about topics such as tack, horse care, horse physiology, nutrition, facility design, and more
- Relax with a daily crafts activity
- Enjoy fun evening programs – some barn-based and others at school
- Make new friends
- Experience a horse show: a trip to see Grand Prix Jumping at the Vermont Summer Festival (first session) or Stoneleigh-Burnham’s summer horse trials, which annually attracts hundreds of adult competitors to campus (second session).
- Participate in a demonstration horse show at the end of the session
About the Director
BCRC is supervised by Stoneleigh-Burnham Director of Riding Mina Payne. Mina has been named one of the 50 top riding instructors in the U.S. by the American Riding Instructor Association.