All Stoneleigh-Burnham parents, grandparents, and other family members are part of the Parent Network. Parent Network members foster collaboration between parents, faculty, staff, and students to support our school’s mission. Here’s how you can help:
- Volunteer to assist the school in areas of need and enhance the student experience in different departments of the school (e.g. athletics, riding, library, performing arts, campus gardening, guest lecturers, etc).
- Serve as a liaison for department specific volunteer groups (examples listed above).
- Welcome new families to SBS.
- Support the SBS Annual Fund through a yearly phonathon.
- Support the parent community with information sharing and creative planning.
- Establish project committees to accomplish short-term or long-term tasks.
- Donate to the Annual Fund.
- Host events for prospective families locally or in their geographic region.
- Serve as Admissions Ambassadors.
- Support our daughters in their efforts to achieve and become their best selves.
The Parent Network works to ensure that parents and family members have an opportunity to be involved in the school community, regardless of their geographical or time constraints and interests.
Meetings and informal gatherings help the parent community share their experiences with others and learn more about SBS.
Parent Meetings 2018-2019
The weekly Snapshot newsletter will include details of upcoming gatherings, and dates will be posted as soon as they are available.
Meetings and special receptions for parents and guardians are hosted by the School during Family Weekends.
Fall Family Weekend: October 12-13, 2018 featuring the Installation Ceremony of Stephanie Luebbers at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13.
Spring Family Weekend: April 26-27, 2019
Please join fellow parents for early morning informal chats and a cup of coffee in the Dining Hall from 8 – 9 a.m. Please contact Susan Mattei in the Development and Alumnae Relations Office at email@example.com for more information.
This year’s dates:
Monday, Sept. 3 – Following Convocation
Tuesday, Sept. 18
Wednesday, Oct. 3
Tuesday, Oct. 16
Wednesday, Oct. 31
Tuesday, Nov. 13
Wednesday Nov. 28
Wednesday, Dec. 12
Tuesday, Jan. 15
Wednesday, Jan. 30
Tuesday, Feb. 19
Wednesday, Mar. 20
Tuesday, April 23
Twice a year, parents get together on campus to talk with fellow parents about the impact parents can make at SBS through gifts to the Annual Fund and special school projects.
Fall Annual Fund Parent Phonathon will be Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. in the Meeting Room. To volunteer, contact Susan Mattei at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Annual Fund Parent Phonathon will be Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019 from 6-8 p.m. in the Meeting Room. To volunteer, contact Susan Mattei at email@example.com.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH ATHLETICS
If you would like to bring snacks and help with your daughter’s athletic team, contact Athletic Director Scott Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Parent Network, please contact Susan Mattei, Director of Development and Alumnae Relations, who serves as the Parent Network liaison: 413-774-2711 x247.