All Stoneleigh-Burnham parents, grandparents, and other family members are part of the Parent Network. Parent Network members foster collaboration between parents, faculty, staff, and students to support our school’s mission. Here’s how you can help:
- Volunteer to assist the school in areas of need and enhance the student experience in different departments of the school (e.g. athletics, riding, library, performing arts, campus gardening, guest lecturers, etc).
- Serve as a liaison for department specific volunteer groups (examples listed above).
- Welcome new families to SBS.
- Support the SBS Annual Fund through a yearly phonathon.
- Support the parent community with information sharing and creative planning.
- Establish project committees to accomplish short-term or long-term tasks.
- Donate to the Annual Fund.
- Host events for prospective families locally or in their geographic region.
- Serve as Admissions Ambassadors.
- Support our daughters in their efforts to achieve and become their best selves.
The Parent Network works to ensure that parents and family members have an opportunity to be involved in the school community, regardless of their geographical or time constraints and interests.
Meetings and informal gatherings help the parent community share their experiences with others and learn more about SBS.
Parent Meetings 2017-2018
The weekly Snapshot newsletter will include details of upcoming gatherings, and dates will be posted as soon as they are available.
Please join fellow parents for early morning informal chats and a cup of coffee in the Dining Hall. Parents will get to know each other and their daughters, and share SBS experiences. You will have a chance to ask questions of other parents and learn about the school. Please contact parent volunteer Rachel Roberts, P’21 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or if you have questions.
This year’s dates:
Wednesday, Sept. 20
Tuesday, Oct. 3
Wednesday, Oct. 18
Tuesday, Oct. 31
Wednesday, Nov. 15
Tuesday, Nov. 28
Tuesday, Dec. 12
Wednesday, Jan. 17
Tuesday, Feb. 6
Wednesday, Feb. 21
Wednesday, March 21
Tuesday, April 3
Wednesday, April 18
Tuesday, May 1
Wednesday, May 16
PARENT NETWORK NIGHT OUT
Why should the kids have all of the SBS fun? Join fellow SBS parents at a local restaurant while your daughters are at Formal Dinner.
This year’s dates: Thursday, Oct. 5 and Thursday, Jan. 11.
Twice a year, parents get together on campus to encourage fellow parents to support SBS through gifts to the Annual Fund and special school projects. The Spring Annual Fund Parent Phonathon will be Thursday, April 12 from 6-8:00 p.m. in the Meeting Room. To volunteer, contact Susan Mattei, email@example.com.
SPECIAL TOPICS: DISCUSSIONS WITH SBS FACULTY AND STAFF
Gatherings will be held in the Student Lounge on special topics of parent interest. Join us for these helpful discussions with faculty and staff. These will be scheduled at times parents are likely to be on campus for concerts or to pick up students. If you have topic ideas, please send them to Rachel Roberts P’21, firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates and times will be announced soon.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH ATHLETICS
If you would like to bring snacks and help with your daughter’s athletic team, contact Ally Bryant, email@example.com.
For more information about the Parent Network, please contact Susan Mattei, Director of Development and Alumnae Relations, who serves as the Parent Network liaison: 413-774-2711 x247.