Stoneleigh-Burnham School has launched capital projects and the endowments to improve facilities and grow funding for the future.
Equestrian Center Expansion
Stoneleigh-Burnham School has launched a fundraising initiative to expand the Stoneleigh-Burnham Equestrian Center. With gifts from alumnae, parents, and friends, the new facilities will help the School continue to attract new riders, grow competition space, and build greater national awareness of the SBS equestrian program. Read more about the Equestrian Center expansion.
Make a gift for the Equestrian Center Expansion Campaign.
Vision 2021 Endowment Campaign
Goal: $1 million
The Stoneleigh-Burnham Board of Trustees launched a $1 million Vision 2021 Endowment Campaign in fiscal year 2017 to involve loyal donors in plans to add resources for scholarships, faculty support, academic programs, athletic and performing arts programs, facilities maintenance, and more.
Endowed funds can be established for a specific area of the school or designated for unrestricted support that allows SBS to use the funds for the area of greatest need as determined by the Board of Trustees. Your gift will have significant benefits.
Benefits for Stoneleigh-Burnham
- Provides an ongoing source of income
- Relieves pressure on the Annual Fund
- Provides new resources for new programs, scholarships, and activities
- Builds a pipeline of future gifts
Benefits for you, the donor
- Your gift can be directed to specific programs that are in line with your personal priorities.
- You can leave a legacy through a named fund.
- Your gift will be a significant investment in the future of Stoneleigh-Burnham School.
- You can make annual donations and estate gifts through your will or trust.
Guidelines for Endowment Donations and Establishing Named Endowed Funds
Endowment gifts may be used to establish a special endowment fund or may be added to an existing endowment fund. We also invite alumnae, parents, and friends to consider investing in the school’s endowment by establishing a named fund that will permanently honor the donor or donor’s family member, while helping to provide quality education to students for many years to come.
- New funds will be established with a gift or pledge and a signed Fund Agreement between the donor(s) and Stoneleigh-Burnham School.
- Funds may be established over a five-year pledge period.
- The policy for determining the amount of distributable income from an endowed fund is set by the SBS Board of Trustees.
- In the case of a multi-year pledge, the school and donor will sign a letter of agreement, stating the terms of the pledge and the timing of pledge payments.
Minimum Gift Levels for Establishing Named Endowed Funds
Named endowed Faculty Chair
Named endowed full scholarship fund
Named endowed partial scholarship fund – minimum amount
Named fund restricted to a priority SBS program or project – minimum amount
Make a gift for the Endowment Campaign.